Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The 5-Year Anniversary of the Greatest Comeback in Sports History

Today marks the single most significant day of my short life. Five years ago, the Boston Red Sox completed the greatest comeback in sports history against the New York Yankees in the ALCS. In case you missed it the Red Sox, down 3-0, rallied off four consectutive victories to reach the World Series...and eventually win their first title in 86 years. They broke the Curse of the Bambino while shattering the moral of Yankee fans across the country.

With the Red Sox ousted from the playoffs and the Yankees biting at the heels of their 27th world championship, I was feeling nostalgic. I want to feel what Yankee fans are feeling now. And I know my fellow Red Sox Nation members are feeling the same way. In honor of Red Sox Nation here is a slideshow of the historic events starting at Game 3.

No comments: