Friday, October 23, 2009

You Stay Classy, Tom Brady


As if I need to tell him that. Tom Brady and the Patriots took an over-night flight to London for their game against the Buccaneers. And this game is so lop-sided that the biggest story leading up to this game is No. 12 and his dapper duds.

Did he miss the memo to wear team gear like his 50 other teammates? Or is Tom Brady simply the biggest boss we've seen thus far? I'll have to go with the latter. This is classic Tom Brady. I'd hate to draw this comparison, but it reminds me a little bit of Broadway Joe and his love for fur coats and swanky style. Except Joe Namath is one of the most overrated players ever. But I'm here to talk about a real quarterback.

The best part of this story? The Patriots didn't touch down in London until 5:35 a.m. No one was there to see a well-groomed Brady step foot in the motherland. This is a big event, you know. Probably the equivalent of the Beatles coming to America. I hope Englanders forget about how we whooped that ass in the Revolutionary War and respect they way American football should be played because that's what they will be seeing; a profession football team.

Some have had this game marked on their calendars from the day the teams were announced. The UKPats are an organized booster club, who gather every Sunday to watch their beloved team play. They even organize trips across the pond to catch a few Pats games from Gillette Stadium. This is fucking awesome! You mean to tell me that the Patriots have their own gang of hooligans in London like this is European football? You gotta be kidding me! That has to be the ultimate sign of respect for an American team. I just hope they don't have pussies like Elijah Wood fighting for the Pats.

No comments: