Saturday, November 7, 2009

Boise St. to rest of NCAA: "Play us. I dare you!"




To my dearest BCS conference teams,

This letter is a challenge to any team, any conference. Anyone who thinks they can beat us, pretty much. It's an open invitation. You pick the day. You pick the field. You pick the time. We will pummel you to the ground. Simple as that.


I am sick and tired with embarrassing these low-lifes in the WAC. We want a challenge. You don't think we belong in the BCS? Let us prove you wrong. SEC? We're not scared. Big 12? We took out Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl, bring on Texas! Pac-10? Ppph. I had me some Duck week one and I want more.


Attached below are my cell phone, e-mail, fax number, beeper number, mailing address, and a list of emergency contacts in case I have stepped out. I'm begging for a response.


With all of my love,

Gene Bleymeier

Boise State Atheltic Director


That was a word-for-word letter Gene Bleymeier wrote and sent to the teams of the power conferences in college football. I swear. It's a true story I just made up.

Okay, maybe that's not the exact letter, but the AD for Boise State has issued a challenge to the BCS teams of the country. And he has received zero responses. The BCS teams stand firm in the fact that the Boise State's of the world are not worthy of BCS bids because the lack of a tough schedule. Yet when Boise State challenges the top teams, these teams run for the hills; not wanting to risk an out-of-conference loss. It's a catch 22.

But I don't want to talk too long on the topic. I heard about the story from Yahoo.com by Dan Wetzel. It's a tremendously well-written and I suggest you give it a look over. He exposes the BCS for being a biased, unfair way of determining the champion of college football. It features a lot of insightful points, and detailed-oriented quotes. That's journalism 101.

Boise State is a team on the rise and deserve to be respected and noticed by the hierarchy of the NCAA. If the story by Wetzel isn't enough maybe their 23-game winning streak and 45-2 record since 2007 is. Or maybe these three plays that made Boise State a household name will.

No comments: