Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Steelers fan poisened, left blind in Chicago bar

ThePittsburghChannel.com-A Steelers fan, left blind and living with brain damage, says the effects were the result of being poisoned at a Chicago bar following a game in September."I haven't been able to see. I've basically been blind for two months," said Zack Heddinger.
Video: Watch Michelle Wright's Report


Heddinger told Channel 4 Action News anchor Michelle Wright that he and a few friends went to a bar following the Steelers' 17-14 loss to the Bears at Soldier Field on Sept. 20.


Heddinger said he and his friends were trash talking with Bears fans inside Kitty O'Shea's, but can't remember what else happened.

"Basically, I guess, my buddies had gotten into an altercation and they offered a drink as a peacemaker from what I understand," said Heddinger.Not long after taking the drink, Heddinger passed out and was rushed to a nearby hospital, his heart stopping four times. At first, doctors thought he had too much to drink, but realized there was more to it.

"They thought it was antifreeze or something like that …because it was so strong," said Heddinger.

Heddinger's family rushed to Chicago to be with him after doctors told them he wasn't going to make it."I literally watched him say, within a matter of hours, 'I'm getting really scared. I can't see anything,'" said sister Lisa. Doctors suspect his drink may have been spiked with toxic grain alcohol."I don’t think they tried to kill me. I think they tried to hurt me, but the killing came pretty close," said Heddinger. Heddinger celebrated his 46th birthday on Monday and is undergoing oxygen treatments in hopes of regaining some of his vision. He hopes to be able to return to his job as a district manager for a jewelry company.Chicago police are investigating the case, but have made no arrests.

"Steeler Nation isn't just in Pittsburgh, it's everywhere, and I just hate for Chicago to be a city that Steelers Nation doesn't like because they did this to one of us," said Lisa Heddinger.

UNBELIEVABLE! And I thought Philadelphia sports fans were brutal! You mean to tell me that some low-life Bears fan poisoned someone? FUCKING HARDCORE BRO! WAY TO GO! This guy needs to be found and persecuted. Maybe the judge will let Heddinger make that guy go blind. Or maybe it'll only take Jay Cutler to throw another 3 interceptions this weekend. Talk about an eye-sore! A message to Steelers fans: An eye for an eye makes the whole world...see clearly. Get this mother fucker!


No comments: