Monday, November 16, 2009

The Blackest White Kid You Know presents: Rap City Da BASSMENT


Big Tigger has done big thaaangs for the Rap City: Da Bassment. Aired on BET, Tigger brought gangster rap and backpack hip-hop to suburbia for all the pre-teen whites kids, myself included. This was when I was The Blackest White Kid You Didn't Know. The show got my feet wet, and now look at me. I'm fucking knee deep in the rap game son!

The show was pretty much Tigger and a guest DJ talking about current hip-hop events, and showing rap videos. Artists would come on the show to promote their new albums and discuss life in the rap business. The best part of the show, however, would be when the rappers would step in to da boof and freestyle. Some of the best freestyles I have ever heard have been on this show. Jay-Z, Lil' Wayne, Nas, KRS-One, Eminem, and a slew of other rap mega-stars have all graced da boof with their lyrical talents. But you would never guess who, in my eyes, had the best freestyle ever on Rap City. The St. Louis rapper, Nelly. Yes, the same guy who brought you "My Boo" and "Hot in Herrrrrrree" actually has skills.

He's straight murkin' bitches on this track, dig me fool? Peep this shit and holla atcha boi if like what you're hearing. Hallelujah Hollaback!

No comments: