Saturday, November 7, 2009

University of New Mexico suspends Psycho Soccer Bitch


FREEP.com- Junior defender Elizabeth Lambert was suspended Friday for her infractions the day before during a 1-0 loss to Brigham Young in a Mountain West Conference semifinal. Lambert threw elbows, collided with several players, then yanked the ponytail of BYU player Kassidy Shumway, who went crashing to the ground.

"My actions were uncalled for," Lambert said in a statement released by New Mexico. "I let my emotions get the best of me in a heated situation."

"Liz is a quality student-athlete, but in this instance, her actions clearly crossed the line of fair play and good sportsmanship," New Mexico coach Kit Vela said.

Lambert was the only player to be penalized in the game, getting a yellow card in the 77th minute for colliding with a BYU player who was driving toward the net. The highlights showed the game was physical both ways, including an elbow to Lambert's ribs by a BYU player during a dead ball. Lambert responded with an elbow to the back, one of many dirty plays she made during the game.

"This is in no way indicative of my character or the soccer player I am," Lambert said in her apology.

Not indicative of her character? Are you kidding me? Listen, it's not often women's soccer gets aired on TV. In fact, I was surprised that women's soccer offers scholarships. The point is, the public has more-than-likely never seen her play before. How do we know that she's not a Rock of Love reject every time she steps on the field? It was a big spot light and she didn't even try to hide the fact that she was beating bitches up. I understand trying to be physical, and I'm sure women's games are a lot more physical than I am willing to give them credit for, but this is outrageous.

And the fact that she didn't even get a yellow card until the 77th minute says something about the referees. Now I have been on the record saying that I love a thick mane to tug on, but when Lambert yanked a BYU player down to the ground by her ponytail I cringed. It looked like she was going to rip off that chick's head.

Regardless, justice has been served and YouTube has a new hit video. Didn't get a chance to see all the girl-on-girl action? Don't worry about it, I got ya covered!

No comments: