Tuesday, January 12, 2010

HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME IT WAS NO PANTS DAY?!


ABS-CBNNews.com-The event started 8 years ago in New York City where participants with bare legs were required to mingle with other-- equally half-naked-- travelers.The annual event encourages riders to strip down to their underwear as they go about their normal routine.

The event's organizers, Improv Everywhere, said that as many as 3,000 people participated in the "No Pants Day" event in New York alone, with more participating in 3 other cities.

According to its official website, Improv Everywhere is a long form improvisation troupe that executes pre-planned "missions" or performances that usually involve socially awkward or unusual situations.Some commuters who participated in "No Pants Day" said they got phone calls from friends or invitations to join the event on Facebook.

"No Pants Day" was celebrated in 44 transit systems in 16 countries.

I had nothing to do today. I could've gone to the city with no pants, if only someone had told me! What a great idea. Not very sanitary--or warm. But it's a great idea. I'd want to sit next to the leggy blonde in the teal boyshorts. What a dream that would be. The only problem would be that I'm not able to tuck my woody under my waist...I'd just have to let chill in the open. I know that's probably not the picture you wanted to see, but I guarantee you that same situation happened to one of 3,000 participants.

With my luck though I'd probably get stuck next to the guy who weighs a metric ton and had to dig into the hamper for a dirty pair of tighty whities. Gotta love them skidmarks baby!

I looked into the group who started this, Improv Everywhere, and the pull of some pretty funny shit. They pretty much causes scenes of chaos and joy in public areas. They have pulled off over 100 different missions including such pranks as the "Human Mirror", "Best Funeral Ever", and "Grocery Store Musical" just to name a few. If this is something you're interested in, it's definitely worth checking out. Here's the link to Improv Everywhere's site: http://improveverywhere.com/missions/.


No comments: