Friday, January 15, 2010

The Improp does Divisional Weekend

Well, last week was as unpredictable as an episode of "I Survived..". And sadly to say we all missed out on the weekend. The Ravens shocked us all, while the Jets thoroughly impressed me. Green Bay royally fucked me, I could've ended the weekend 2-2. Unfortunately, Aaron Rodgers' short-lived soccer career didn't have my integrity in mind. I don't want to do this, but I think it's time we recap the weekend:

Wesley: 1-3, SB pick- San Diego over Green Bay
THE WRITER X: 2-2, SB pick- New York over New Orleans
THE EMPIRE: 1-3, SB pick- San Diego over New Orleans

I know, pretty pathetic. But this weekend I guarantee a rebound. In the words of Vince McMahon "I guaran-damn-tee it!" Let's take a look at this weekend's match-ups.


The high-powered Arizona Cardinals travel to New Orleans to face-off with the number one seed Saints. I think the Cardinals are an amazing playoff team. They have the ability to take their play to another level in January. However, the Saints just have too many weapons to combat the Cards. It'll be another offensive shootout in the Bayou. No fluke strip-sack will be able to help Arizona this time. The Saints top the Cardinals, 38-31.

THE EMPIRE: Saints over Cardinals, 48-33. The Saints offense is too good and i think they turn around their struggles to end the regular season. I can see this one being an absolute shootout however because the Saints Defense and secondary is pretty shaky at times. I think Warner is going to have another huge game and if Boldin is back for this game, there’s just another weapon the Saints have to worry about. In the end I think Drew Brees keeps things together and wins this offensive powered game.


The night game on Saturday has the Baltimore Jailbirds visiting the Indianapolis Colts. Let me shoot from the hip for a minute: the Colts will 100% regret not playing for perfection. This Ravens team is not one to reckon with. The 4-time MVP will put in his usual work, but will have a few turnovers against this opportunistic defense. As for the Colts' D, they won't be able to bring down the bruising Ravens run game, who do the brunt of their work after initial contact. Their rust will show. Ed Reed will do more than just kill Reggie Wayne's snakes. Ravens topple Colts, 27-14.

THE EMPIRE: Colts over Ravens, 21-16. They have the best quarterback in the game today in Peyton Manning. I think the Colts will come out of the gate somewhat slow due to the fact they have a lot of young guys on offense that have never played on such a big stage. Peyton will be the leader has proved to be and calm them down and take the Ravens down. I don't think the Ravens can match their performance from Sunday when they ended the Patriots season. Colts
limit New Rochelle's own Ray Rice to under 100 yards which really affects the Ravens offense. Colts in a close game.



Sunday's afternoon game has the Dallas Cowboys at the Minnesota Brett Favres. This is the year of the Romo. Better yet, this is the year of the Cowboys defense. It's scary man. When you put the game in the hands of a stellar defense and above average run-game, Tony Romo is one of the best QB's of the game. And I'm Brett Favre's biggest hater. So of course I'm going to wish him nothing but ill will. Cowboys do it again, 28-24.

THE EMPIRE: Cowboys over Vikings, 31-20. I hate them, but cant deny, the Dallas Cowboys are on fire right now. They have been clicking on all cylinders and Tony Romo is playing like he has shown he has the capability to play which is very good. If they Boys don’t turn the ball over, I think they take down Favre and the Vikings. The wheels started falling off coming down the stretch for the Vikes. Brett Favre thinks he is bigger than his team and the entire league and he is going to get an eye opener on Sunday. Your 40, you have retired 2 times already, hang em up Brett. I respected your first comeback but think one was just a debacle. I think Favre struggles and throws a couple interceptions, mistakes you cant make against this hot Dallas team.




And in the marquee match-up of the weekend, the New York Jets travel to face the San Diego Chargers. I'll be the first one to tell you, that I really like the Jets' defense. And I loathe the Jets. However, San Diego is practically an All-Pro team. Even Norv Turner can't fuck this team up. This is Philip Rivers' time to shine. And he will be able to overcome a new case of Gang Green. Chargers over Jets, 27-13.

THE EMPIRE: Jets over Chargers, 24-23. I have to keep my Superbowl winner in the playoffs right? Wrong. I'm staying loyal to NY and my Jets fans alike all over and taking the Jets in this game. I also want to pick a game that I know Wes and I won't have in common cause I believe we are tied at 1-3. To be honest, I really believe they can pull this upset off. All the same reasons I mentioned last week lead to the Jets victory, and unlike the Ravens, NY will be able to duplicate their impressive performance. Defense, and the run game stay solid and lead the Jets into the AFC Championship game next weekend. Rex Ryan has these guys believing and he's given Sanchez the confidence he needs. Jets on a last drive FG with time expiring.

No comments: