Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Falcons Babineaux gets high and drives


The Associated Press-Embattled Atlanta Falcons defensive tackle Jonathan Babineaux was smoking marijuana as he and a friend were driving through the northeast Atlanta suburbs, according to a police report.

The Gwinnett County police report, released Tuesday, says Babineaux told a police officer he had not smoked marijuana in more than a year, but then he admitted smoking from a marijuana blunt at least once during the drive on a busy interstate highway.

A drug-sniffing dog was used to check the car, and it found a plastic baggie filled with marijuana and a few blunts in a backpack at the center of the back seat. Police said they found about 1 1/2 ounces of the drug altogether. The officer later found a spray used to cover up the drug's odor in the driver's door pocket.

...Wait, wait. It's illegal to smoke pot while driving? That's probably one of my favorite past times. To the prudes who think smoking marijuana impairs a driver's mind I have two things to tell you: 1) It doesn't impair my vision at all. In fact I believe smoking pot helps keep me sane with all the horrible drivers in the northeast. I don't think I could ride I-95 through Connecticut without a big bouquet of Mary Jane's flowers. 2) Those who smoke and think it does affect them, well they just simply can't hang. You probably shouldn't be dabbling in the doobie snacks to begin with.

Marijuana is not a drug. I've heard of more people dying from cigarettes than weed. I smoke pot, yes. But I get shit done too. I'm not just some lazy stoner who watches Planet Earth on Blu-Ray and eats all my roommate's Cheetohs. And neither is Babineaux. He is a professional athlete, folks. A professional athlete who takes one helluva beating week in and week out. So what's the harm in unwinding a bit with some pot? Michael Phelps certainly isn't lazy either. It's those good-for-nothing low-lifes who give pot smokers a bad name. But me, Babineaux, and Phelps are carrying the torch for the productive pot smokers out there. We need to unite together. Drug dealers stop selling pot to losers. Get your shit together, man.

No comments: