Sunday, December 20, 2009

Jets Lose...Buh Bye Playoffs



Ill be honest, I didn't watch a lot of this game. I was to damn busy shoveling the 2 feet of snow in my drive way, and whatever snow the town missed in my street(which happened to be a lot). I caught about ten minutes of the game on and off, but those ten minutes pretty much summed up the game in five plays. Jets stuff Falcons on the goal line to hold them to a field goal, 3-0 Falcons...Sanchez connects deep with Edwards for a TD, 7-3 Jets...Clemens cant handle James Dearth's long snap, Jets muff field goal...Matt Ryan passes to Tony Gonzalez for a TD with 1:38 to go, Falcons go ahead 10-7...Mark Sanchez throws another pick, on a flat out hideous pass...Game Over.

I just can't handle these guys anymore...Three different times this season the Jets seemed destined to turn the season around, and make a push for the playoffs. All three times they blew it. I mean they still got a shot at the playoffs, but why should I even care anymore...Just to get my heart broken a fourth time this season? Its just the same old Jets, they can never step up and win a g*d d*mn they need to win...Unless of course its the Bucs, Bills, or Panthers.

Sanchez was terrible today...But would we have really gotten anything better from Kellen Clemens? The dude cant even handle a long snap. Our downfall today was the running game. The Jets have won plenty of games this year with the QB struggling, because the run game was so dominant--but if that run game isn't going, then the Jets don't stand a chance, and that's what happened today.

Like Herm Edwards said "You play to win the game." Of course Ill be rooting for the Jets the next two weeks, and I want them to win, but you better believe I wont be sober while watching.

No comments: